Saturday, October 16, 2010

AfroBasket Kagame Cup

This past Friday night I attended the under-18 year old basketball tournament held at Amahoro stadium. It was so much fun! The gym wasn’t really shabby at all. Nice stands, good court and goals. It even had a decent size jumbotron. Although, the stuff on the jumbotron was from Aicha’s personal computer. Her password page and desktop would come up randomly! I caught her illegally dowloading songs as well. The first game we watched was Rwanda v. Tunisia. No offense to my current motherland, but Rwanda has some serious work to do. Tunisia was pretty much Belmont International. They hit so many threes. We stayed and watched the first half of Mali v. Angola. Mali was good. No. 5, M. Konte, was legit. I won’t be surprised if he plays Euro league and then comes to the NBA after awhile. They also had some super lanky dudes on their team too. They started pressing about half way through the first quarter -- Game over. Angola might as well throw in the towel. 
Overall, awesome experience. The talent was a bit on the weak side, but still fun to watch organized basketball. And I am in Africa, so it would have been fun either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment