Oh man. I've only been on this trip less than a week, 3 days really and am already having an awesome time. Not going to lie, I was a bit nervous about how happy I would be in Kigali. I mean, the farthest I have ever travelled was on a cruise ship to Belize. And I'm pretty sure that doesn't count!
I love it here, though. The people I have met so far have been incredible. The weather is perfect. Mid-80s during the day, sunny with a light breeze. At night, it gets into the 60s with a bigger breeze. What could be better than that?! I think I have found my perfect climate.
A lot of people have asked me a battery of crazy questions, ranging from "Will you be sleeping on the dirt in huts?" to "Are you going to carry a gun and act like Leonardo Dicaprio in Blood Diamond?" Although hilarious to hear, most of their questions were pretty off. I, too, was surprised at how developed Kigali is. It's definitely not a metropolis filled with high rises or anything, but it has the look and feel of a developed city. The streets are bustling with SUVs and motorcycle taxis, people walking from place to place, and shops line the streets for business. In fact, I saw a hummer today. An H3, (kinda lame), but a hummer all the same.
The jet lag is still fogging my brain, so I'll give more details as we go along. Thanks for following the blog, and I'll try to keep it interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment