Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Traveling around Kigali pt. Deaux


We had a staff retreat at Lake Muhazi the week before school. It was a much needed release after being overwhelmed and overworked since we all had gotten to Kigali. As lunch was being prepared (meals here always take a long time to prepare for some reason), we gathered under a gazebo by the lake and had a devotional and more getting-to-know-each-other time. Including spiritual discussions in these group sessions was an awesome way of getting to know each other on a personal, as well as spiritual, level.


Swimming isn't really an option in this lake, since bilharzia is mega prevalent here. I'm not trying to take a dip and get a crazy snail parasite! We found a monkey and it attacked me. Yes, it was in a cage and I was outside it, but it still emotionally attacked me with its tenacity and death stare. 


I will try and post the next few quickly so we can get up to real time. Hope everyone is doing well in the USA and especially in Arkansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment